Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Documentary Podcasts

I have always loved history so I am surprised I have not been using podcasts for a while. There were so many documentary podcasts! Some were done by professionals and some by students. People have used them to document the lives of past family members while others have done posts on jelly fish. Either way it's a great free source of conversations and movies! I especially liked the one on Shakespeare. Who knew the known facts of his life could be written on a note card. If I were to be a history teacher I would be downloading as many of these as possible and bring them to class with me. I could even have my students make their own documentary podcasts. They could be about their families and friends or personal opinions and preferences. I would personally do one about Italy. That country is a work of art in my opinion. There is just so much you can do with podcasts as far as research goes. Of course you have to take the information there with a grain of salt depending on who it comes from. Anyone can make a podcast after all. But learning how to determine if a source is reliable is a lesson in itself. I would like to use podcasts in my English classroom a lot because I think they are a great source of quick information.

No comments: